When in New York… you could add a lot of things here. And apparently, there are at least a million ways to make the best out of a trip to the city that literally never ever sleeps. From enjoying the best views of the magical skyline to eating out at the most delicious food spots and to simply being present and soaking up every single New York spark.
Yes, this city is different. The vibe makes you feel thankful for where you are in your life – even if it’s not living in New York City (yet). So since an extra dose of nostalgia has been the motto this month, let’s look back on this CARMITIVE highlight of 2018 and get ready for the next New York City trip at the same time. Here are the activities and spots you cannot miss out.
Activities In New York City: From Soho to High Line & West Village
Let’s dive into the basics first: plan to walk a lot, wear good shoes and a suitable outfit for the occurring weather conditions and definitely pack your camera. Whether you are up for a long stroll through Central Park or a hardcore shopping and coffee date tour in Soho, just go for it and be a little curious to discover even more exiting spots along the way. For example, after enjoying some time around High Line, take a stroll through the cool Meatpacking area. Maybe you walk through West Village afterwards have yourself a #TreatYourself moment at Carrie Bradshaw’s favorite: The Magnolia Bakery. Her famous stoop at 66 Perry street is just around the corner by the way. Since this spot is not that far away form Soho anymore, a successful shopping tour is likely to follow.
From Manhattan to the other side of the river. Actually, a stop in between first makes it even more exciting: taking a walk over the Brooklyn Bridge is, simply put, magical. Even if the wind seems unstoppable, you won’t regret it. Hopping over to Brooklyn, a nice walk through the Brooklyn Bridge Park in Dumbo allows you to feel impressed and overwhelmed of the famous New York City skyline. A 15-minute car drive away, Williamsburg awaits you with its cool street art vibe and the emerging trending places – more tips in the following CARMITIVE Hot-Spots List.
Activities In New York City: When Art Takes You To MoMa & Guggenheim Museum
The journey may also take you to the Museum of Modern Art (MoMa), which is definitely worth a visit. CARMITIPP: Start on the top floor where Monet meets Vincent van Gogh and Picasso before slowly making your way down through the other floors. Speaking of museums – there are so many good ones – maybe check out the Met Museum, Guggenheim Museum or the Whitney Museum with a current exhibition about Andy Warhol's masterpieces. Another life masterpiece stands right in front of Ground Zero, where the Spanish architect Santiago Calatrava designed the impressive train station of the World Trade Center Transportation Hub.
Sieh dir diesen Beitrag auf Instagram an
Restaurants in New York City: The Hotspot List For Delicious Food & Good Vibes
Coffee & Snack Spots in New York
- Cha Cha Matcha – Soho: be prepared for the best matcha latte variations
- Dr. Smood – different locations: perfect for a juice, snack or breakfast
- The Magnolia Bakery – West Village: Carrie Bradshaw knows what’s good…
Brunch & Lunch Spots in New York
- Bluestone Lane – different locations: extraordinary porridge and delicious avocado toasts
- Maison Kayser – different locations: discover some French vibes in New York City
- The Butcher’s Daughter – Soho: delicious Açaí Bowls and toast creations
- Smorgasburg Market – Brooklyn: food festival vibes in a big indoor hall – try the dumplings and Mao Buns!
- By Chloé – different locations: the classic place to go for good salad bowls and sweet potato fries
Evening Spots in New York
- Antique Garage – Tribeca: Lebanese fusion cuisine
- Macao Trading Company– Tribeca: Chinese and Portugese fusion cuisine
- Mr. Purple – Soho: rooftop bar with a terrace, a swimming pool and an amazing view
- Barn Too 35 – Soho: delicious Korean kitchen – whatever you choose, have some truffle edamame and a nutty greens salad on the side
- La Piccola Cucina – Soho: a cute authentic spot that serves real Italian specialties
- Westlight – Williamsburg: reserve a table, eat some delicious tapas and enjoy one of the best views over New York City’s skyline